Do you have a passion for watershed health?
Love to get involved with projects and events?
You don't need to be a scientist to join the OWC's Board! We need expertise in fund development, volunteer management, communications and, of course, passion to get involved and help out!
We would like to invite you and/or your organization to get involved in the OWC so that your voice can be heard at the Board table.
There are multiple positions up for nominations right now, we are accepting nominations in these sectors:
- Academia (1 seat)
- Wildlife Conservation (1 seat)
- Environment Non-Government Organizations (1 seat)
- Commercial/Industry (1 seat)
- Health (1 seat)
- Members at Large/Public (4 seats)
As an individual you can nominate yourself or someone else as a Member at Large.
As an organization you can nominate someone from your organization to bring perspectives from your sector to the OWC Board of Directors.
Steps on how get involved:
1. Sign up to be on the OWC's membership (it's FREE!) www.oldmanwatershed.ca/membership (DONT FORGET TO CHECK OFF SECTOR YOU REPRESENT) MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL DUE APRIL 30, 2017.
2. Read the Board Job Description (see if it is the right fit for YOU).
3. Submit a Nomination Form for someone or yourself by APRIL 30, 2017.
4. Election for sectors (academia, wildlife conservation, ENGOs, commercial/industry, First Nations, and health) will take place through online voting by representatives of sectors in OWC's membership by May 15, 2017 (details to come).
5. The Members at Large election will take place at the OWC's AGM on June 15, 2017. You must be on our membership to vote and you must attend the AGM to vote for a Member at Large. If you submit a nomination for yourself or someone else, the nominee must be attend the AGM to be elected. You can still vote regardless of whether or not you submitted a nominee for this position, so long as you are a member. Nominee biographies will be included in the AGM package and nominees will be given 5 minutes to speak prior to voting.
5. Attend OWC's AGM. Sector winners and their alternates (runner up) will be announced at the AGM on June 15, 2017 (please be aware that if you don't win the election seat of your sector you could be elected to be the seat alternate. Alternates are required to fulfill the duties of the seat when the main representative is unable to attend).